"For skillful and godly Wisdom is better than rubies or pearls,
and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared with it." Proverbs 8:11 Amplified

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Days of our Lives

Tuesday was a discouraging day for me, and by the next morning I really needed a word from God.

Wednesday morning I opened my daily devotional book, Daily Moments in His Presence and it opened with this scripture: “I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight.” Isaiah 45:2

I read on and I was truly amazed with what God did for me. The devotion read:
O my child, I have need of you. Have I not called you and blessed you?
Have I not laid My hand upon you and shaped you for My purposes?
Why, then, do you doubt?
It is only patterns of the past that bind your thoughts. They can exert no
power over tomorrow except as you deliberately give them life. With
every task I assign, I also give the enablement.
I have tested your faith many times, and I know it is strong. Why do
you falter? Rise, and go in My Name, knowing it is I who thrusts you
forth. It is not man. This is My plan for you. The way should be easy
when you know this.

I am overwhelmed with wonder when I realize that before any of my time began on this earth God knew that this day, Wednesday March 25, 2009 I would need this exact word of encouragement.

In His infinite ways He drew me to this devotional book in December of 2008. He placed this word on the page for March 25th, not the 24th or the 26th.

I know for a fact that he does this because Psalms 139:16 says: “Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in your book all the days of my life were written, before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.”

God is the ultimate planner!

Have you experienced God ordered incidences like this?

1 comment:

Bonnie Doran said...

Hi Diane! Thanks for your encouraging devotional. Thanks also for visiting my blog.

I didn't realize you live in Colorado Springs. I live in Denver and also attend Words For The Journey, so I'm sure I met you before.

I'll be attending Colorado Christian Writers Conference, so I hope to see you there if not before.