"For skillful and godly Wisdom is better than rubies or pearls,
and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared with it." Proverbs 8:11 Amplified

Monday, June 22, 2009

I'M PUBLISHED

On Tuesday June 16th a book containing my first published story hit the bookshelves at Barnes and Noble and Borders.

The bands were playing and the reporters were there to snap my picture. Adoring fans were waiting in line for me to autograph their purchases.
Oh wait, the music is coming from the speakers in the ceiling, the camera being snapped was my hubbie taking a picture of me with the book and the line of people, um, they were waiting to purchase their Starbucks in the coffee shop.

So, what is the name of the book that made the wise choice of including my story?
Chicken Soup for the Soul, Tough Times, Tough People. My story, Going Back, is on page 319.

Two other women from our writers group, Words for the Journey, had stories published. Robbie Iobst’s story A Child’s Gratitude can be found on page 56 and Kay Day’s story Lifeline of Hope is found on page 247.

After my book tour my hubbie and I headed to Cold Stone for an ice cream. First publication was a once in a lifetime event and deserved a celebration.

So go out and buy the book or your teeth will fall out. :)

Me and the book



Good ice cream

My hubbie


3 comments:

smithsk said...

Great news, Diane! I'm so happy for you. May your words bless all who read your story. Susan

Diane Marie Shaw said...

Thanks Susan.

Jim Marr said...

Diane,
Congratulations!! Thanks for the media coverage of this milestone--may there be many more stories and books!!

God Bless,
Jim