"For skillful and godly Wisdom is better than rubies or pearls,
and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared with it." Proverbs 8:11 Amplified

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Icky Stuff


 
Change:
 
something that rattles around in the bottom of your purse or in your pants pocket,











something you do to a baby when the odor is distinct,
 
 

something you do to your tire when it becomes flat on one side, the side in contact with the pavement,
 
 
 
 
 
 
something you do in the morning so your worst nightmare doesn’t come true and you end up at work in your pajamas.
 

 

Hey you can handle these types of change…although you might grumble a little about the baby and the tire, they're both messy jobs.

 

But what do you do with the changes that inflict physical manifestations: breathing becomes shallow, heart rate increases, knees become weak, and your tongue sticks to the roof of your mouth. Your mind repeats a mantra, “I don’t want to, I don’t want to.”
 

This unwanted course is imposed on you when God says, “Prepare yourself, change is coming.”


As if that’s not frightening enough, when you ask Him to elaborate, you hear only crickets.


Status Quo – remaining in your present condition may be preferable to entering the unfamiliar, even if the status quo is making you unhappy, at least you know what you have to face each day.

 

That “change” thing – who knows what that will mean – a new job, a move to another state, a change of churches, a change in a marital status, an internal change, a new car, a new house.

 

Personally, change is hard for me. When I left Illinois after nineteen months and returned to Colorado God told me to expect change. I still don’t know what that means but God has impressed a word on my mind—trust.

 
Not trust in the world or myself but trust in Him,
entrusting the details to Him.
 

Now, that I think I can do.

5 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

You could have written this post for me Diane. I moved to Fl a week ago for my husband's new job to a new town, where I know no one.Everything is new. I wonder why God might want this now--work here and not in PA where we just built a new home but here I am. Waiting and open to whatever might be. I hope you know soon what your change will be and go forward with the Lord!

Diane Marie Shaw said...

Wow Terri, you've had a lot happening. It must have been tough to leave your new home, I watched the progress on Facebook.
May you have God's peace in this transition and see God's purpose and plan in this move.
Change can be icky until we get beyond it and then we can say, "Ahh, now I see what You were doing." I hope you get to that place quickly.

Anonymous said...

Being a military wife/mother for so long got me so use to change, I feel stagnant without it. But, some changes are so much harder than others. I hear God telling me something new, something better is coming. We'll wait for it together! And by wait, I mean that like a waiter waits on you at your favorite restaurant. He serves you.....
Some change requires discipline, other change simply requires us to relax and let someone else do the work (perhaps God Himself?)
Anticipating God's next move is as exciting as it is a workout for your patience.
I love you, Diane. Yes, let's wait on this change together. :D

jagbir said...

Usually, I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man. Best article I have ever read

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

earnmasti
How Are NFTs Transforming DeFi 2023 Updates
When To Buy Cryptocurrency And When To Sell
Bitcoin Philanthropist Gives $1M Open Source Community
https://earnmasti.com/how-to-buy-cryptocurrency-for-beginners/