"For skillful and godly Wisdom is better than rubies or pearls,
and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared with it." Proverbs 8:11 Amplified

Friday, March 14, 2014

Heart Beat


 
HEART BEAT

 
Lift my heart Lord

    From the despair within.

Fill me with your presence

    Show me your light.

 

Night time needs to be over,

    I need the glories of your Sun.

The pain is deep

    And brokenness overwhelms me.


 

Your challenge is to trust

    I am weary from the battle.

 

Can you see my unshed tears

    Bottled so deep inside?

They want to be shed

    But something I don’t see or

    Understand stops them.

 

I am tied to this place

    With invisible chains.

I want to break free

    But what if when the chains fall

    There is nothing left of me but dust.

 

I return to you, my true refuge

    Gasping for air, for peace and

    For my heart to beat without pain.

 

Heal me Lord as only you can.

    Put my feet upon a clear path.

 

Surround me with Love.

 

By Diane Marie Shaw    (Being Real)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just read your contribution Chicken Soup for the Soul, Runners.

It was quite good.

Thank you.