"For skillful and godly Wisdom is better than rubies or pearls,
and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared with it." Proverbs 8:11 Amplified

Friday, March 11, 2011

Hot - Cold - Lukewarm

Today is the third day of Lent. I have set a goal of posting a blog for each of the forty days before Easter.

 
What is the temperature of your Faith walk?

Hot - Cold - Lukewarm

 
I know your deeds,

that you are neither cold



nor hot:



I wish you were either one or the other! 


So, because you are lukewarm-



neither hot nor cold-

I am about to spit you out of my mouth. Rev 3:15-16 NIV
If like me, you sometimes find yourself lukewarm in your Faith and spiritual walk, I think you will agree it is a very unsatisfying place to be. I am the only one who can change the unsatisfying lukewarm to the over the top satisfying Hot Faith walk.

God’s very Word tells me how to increase my Faith.

Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. Rom. 10:17-18 NIV

There is the answer: my Faith fire will be fed by reading, and reading, and reading the Word of God.

My pastor has placed a challenge on our church that in 2011 we will all read through the entire Word of God. How could we not have spontaneous combustion.

The days leading up to Easter, our Lord's resurrection, is the perfect time to turn up the fire in our life.

No comments: