"For skillful and godly Wisdom is better than rubies or pearls,
and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared with it." Proverbs 8:11 Amplified

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Legacy of Love

Day 12 of 40 days of Lenten Posts


Isn’t this a great picture of two happy people?

This picture is of my mother’s parents.

When I think of the hardships they faced it is good to know that they could smile through life. My grandmother gave birth to 14 children. One child was still born, one died of pneumonia at 2 months old, one died of crib death at 8 months old, one died of Diphtheria at 5 years old, and one died of a brain tumor at 14. The other nine children lived to adulthood.

When he was 56 years old my grandfather was killed while riding his bike to work.

While together my grandparents lived through World War 1 and the Great Depression.

Supporting so many children had to be hard on them but I never heard any stories from my mother or aunts and uncles about them being given anything but lovefrom their parents.

All of my mom’s brothers and sisters remained close. My mother, at 90, is the only one living of those nine children.

I thank my grandparents for leaving me a legacy of love and family.

 "but showing love to a thousand [ generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments."  Exodus 20:6 NIV

Here is another picture of a happy couple.


This is my husband Bob and me on vacation last year.

I pray that you are able to leave a legacy of love, even if you haven't had one passed down to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story/legacy! You are blessed, indeed!