"For skillful and godly Wisdom is better than rubies or pearls,
and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared with it." Proverbs 8:11 Amplified

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Curb Your Steps

 

On Saturday I stumbled over something I did not see. I wasn’t able to see the six inch high parking curb because I had no light. If I had seen the danger in front of me I would have taken evasive action, at least I like to think I would.

Walking in the dark is dangerous, but a small light, aimed on the path, changes the dynamic drastically. Light shows what is ahead: pot holes, trees or…parking curbs.

How much safer it is to have illumination.

On the path of life choices, God, by His Word and by the Holy Spirit, offers me all the light I need, why then do I close my eyes to His direction and end up stumbling when I don’t need to.

My heavenly Father surely is shaking His head as He watches me risk injury as I stumble in darkness when He has provided light.

Angels were on each side of me that day because I didn’t fall, miraculously, with a little bobbling, I remained up-right.

             I hope my near accident will open my eyes to be attentive to the obstacles in life that God’s Word is anxious to deliver me from.


Jesus once again addressed them: “I am the world’s light. No one who follows me stumbles around in darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in.” John 8:12 Message Bible

1 comment:

DenaNetherton said...

Diane, great words to continually remind ourselves. We need to diligently study His Word and spend lots of time in prayer so we'll see and judge correctly. He is our light!