"For skillful and godly Wisdom is better than rubies or pearls,
and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared with it." Proverbs 8:11 Amplified

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Writing, Writing, Writing

Day 33 of 40 days of Lenten Posts

I have been posting daily on my blog since March 9th. It has not always been easy to come up with a topic but the challenge has been fun. I have limited myself somewhat to doing posts which include a picture or pictures I have taken. Sometimes I go through my pictures three times before I come up with a topic. If I think of a topic but don’t have pictures to go with it I will go about my house seeing if I can stage a shot or two. I need to get some pictures off my husband’s computer, and then I will have more options.


While doing all these posts and keeping my regular schedule my mind has been massaging my WIP. This is the novel I started in November for NaNoWriMo. Several weeks ago God prompted me to make a major shift in it. Today He gave me more changes.

He even gave me a working title: Whitewashed.


(If you are not a writer I am going to give you a peek into how the mind of a writer works. I came up with the title when the sound of a buzzer woke me from a nap. I came out of that sleep thinking, oh, that is the buzzer on the dryer, my load of white wash is done. I sat up and wrote in my notebook, which I always keep handy, “Whitewashed.” I then went looking for definitions and they fit perfectly with the story. Weird huh, that’s how we think.)

I also have a picture in my mind for the cover. I know that writers don’t get to choose their own cover but what I see in my mind is perfect for keeping me on point with the story.

I’m excited to see what story God wants written. After all it is His story.


“This is what the Lord God of Israel says: Write in a book everything that I tell you.”
God’s Word Translation

4 comments:

Denise Miller Holmes said...

I still haven't finished my NaNoWriMo novella, but I am still working on it in my head. I've gotten a few ideas on how to improve it. I will finish it, but these things take time.

DenaNetherton said...

Isn't that amazing how just one little thought or word-picture or image can spur an entire novel?
One of the books I wrote started from a single image of a girl, alone in the woods, dressed in rags and looking anxiously over her shoulder. Obviously a suspense novel!

Diane Marie Shaw said...

Denise, this novel keeps changing in my head. I need to start putting the changes on paper or screen.
I have little snippets of notes or ideas that I keep adding. We'll see what ends up in the book.

Diane Marie Shaw said...

Dena, what a great image to launch a novel.
I need many more clues to make this story into a full length novel.