"For skillful and godly Wisdom is better than rubies or pearls,
and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared with it." Proverbs 8:11 Amplified

Friday, April 10, 2009

CONTENT

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. Phil 4:11-12 NIV


Do you think Jesus was content in the circumstances he found himself in, hanging on a cross?

Jesus knew his purpose and He was content to fulfill it even through the pain of the scourging and crucifixion.
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." Luke 22:42 NIV He didn’t take any short cuts.

He was focused for our sakes. The Father’s love for us is beyond our comprehension.

My Pastor has three wonderful sons and he has often said that there is no way he could sacrifice any of his sons for any of us, even though he loves his congregation. His love for his sons is so great that he would do anything to preserve their lives, not give them in sacrifice.

If there had been another way to redeem mankind from the separation caused in the garden, God would surely be the one to know how it could happen. There was no other way but the way of the cross for Jesus.

God is pleased with us when we have the same unwavering focus to go the direction He is leading us. I wish I could say that I am one who is quick to obey when He calls. Sometimes I am, but other times I dig in my heels and argue with God. Right now I am struggling to be content with something I think God is asking me to do. It will take my time, energy and commitment. When I make a commitment I give it 100%, so there would be no turning back. I am not out to impress anyone with what I can do. I refuse to say yes to God until I can say it from the depths of my heart, He knows the truth anyway.

I am thankful that Jesus did not argue with His Father or hesitate. He gave it his all.

No comments: